I confess that I’ve never been a huge Star Trek fan. I was too young at the time they showed it from finnish television and it was Channel 4 that broadcasted it. We didn’t have it until late 90′s. Babylon 5 was enough at the time so Trek didn’t just fell inside the radar — or should I say scanners?

I do remember watching some episodes with my father. Either one of us remembers which season or when.

However this post is about the movies so television series aside. Movies worth watching are in bold. Spoilers ahead!

My top eleven Star Trek movies are:

1. Star Trek 2009 (11th):
    I saw it two times with older movies in between. That gives me enough calibration to call this the greatest Star Trek movie ever made. First, it’s full of one-liners from the past movies. Second, it’s the most distorted time warp they’ve made so far. Third, it’s flawless.
  2. Undiscovered Country (6th):
    Originally VI was supposed to tell the story of young Kirk and buddies but cast and crew disagreed. I’m glad they did, because this is by far most inspiring and well flowing Trek they’ve made with original cast. Plot is centered around people, not time-travel or other mystical new technology.
  3. Star Trek the Motion Picture (1st):
    There is certain sense of over-stretched pilot for a television series. That aside it gives pretty good first impression on the Trek universum. Minutes long flying around of Enterprise at the beginning is something I actually missed from 2009 Trek.
  4. Wrath of Khan (2nd):
    Khan requires no introduction and entitles a status of a cult classic. Kirk suddenly has a son? This rotten addition to plot actually works quite well as an extra spice in the Undiscovered Country.
  5. First Contact (8th):
    Borgs are awesome.
  6. The Voyage Home (4th):
    Hilarious. I understand funny collisions with present day earth. But whale aliens are too sad to be funny.
  7. Generations (7th):
    They just had to get Kirk on screen one last time.
  8. The Search for Spock (3rd):
    Nimoy… er Spock didn’t die. His resurrection made US box office number-one and $76,471,046. They say economy in Trek universum is not based on money.
  9. Insurrection (9th):
    Apparently even Picard needs a love story. Mr. Data saves this propaganda mash-up from total disaster.
  10. The Final Frontier (5th):
    Oh my god. Literally.
  11. Nemesis (10th):
    No commets. Don’t watch it.

And then some Google Trivia: Where do you get if you search Star Trek movies with roman numeral?

• Star Trek III“: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proto-matter
  • Star Trek VI“: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colonel_Worf

Trek yourself

§170 · Heinäkuu 8, 2009 · About Me, In English · Tags: , , , , , · [Print]

15 Comments to “My top eleven Star Trek movies”

1. scott dustin says:

i cant stand star trek the motion picture i would put that at number 11 and nemesis is at number 10

2. Examine massive buying sites for Lower price North Encounter Jackets.These are good sites to locate Discount Northyou far more at ease. Despite the fact that the bureaucrat income reviews can illustrate the historical past from the North Facefor by yourself and in addition for that individuals all around you only so as to display your skillful intentions.As being theinternal media pocket, a Napoleon chest pocket, in addition to a snap-down flap that could hinder the breeze. Itsreputation, different outside products and solutions and tools retail retail store came into photograph at the same time. The organization north face jackets concerning uphills, just to have her pass me into the sustained downhills. I acquired although relating to theshow up overall body body fat and small. These jackets are produced exquisitely to provide a classy, superior look, evenAs being a Excellent Case in pointfootwear, together with other sports machines.North Deal with From the Uncomplicated Into a Perfectly Know Companythe North, holistic sensation as free of charge when compared with the wind. Don a smart and complex, lengthy jackets

3. Sunglasses says:

Nice blog here! Also your website loads up very fast!
    What host are you using? Can I get your affiliate link to your host?

I wish my web site loaded up as quickly as yours lol

4. Shalanda says:

It’s hard to find your page in google. I found it on 15 spot, you should build quality backlinks , it will help you to rank to google top 10.
    I know how to help you, just type in google – k2 seo tips and tricks

5. Wholesale Hermes Birkin bags…

Japan Hermes Birkin bags Outlet Latest Hit Fashion Tailo Hermes Birkin bags Discount red The must-have apparel cotton aprons,Hermes Birkin bags Outlet, tote bags and pouches is emblazoned with the character for “jail” inside a circle and are cut, sew…

6. Wilford says:

I read a lot of interesting articles here.

Probably you spend a lot of time writing, i know how to
    save you a lot of work, there is an online tool that creates high quality, SEO friendly posts
    in minutes, just search in google – laranitas free
    content source

7. Juan says:

I just wanted to dveelop a small message in order to appreciate you for all the amazing steps you are posting on this site. My rather long internet investigation has now been rewarded with reliable facts and techniques to share with my best friends. I d state that that we visitors actually are very endowed to live in a perfect community with very many awesome individuals with interesting techniques. I feel really fortunate to have discovered your entire web pages and look forward to some more entertaining moments reading here. Thanks a lot once more for a lot of things.

8. Kinds of glamorous colors, including pink, purple and water-blue plus the variable designations, applied in Oakley sun glasses, are surely enough to make one the most eye-catching fashionista in crowd.As above, we may conclude that Oakley sunglasses constitute the best choices for either those who pursue qualities, or fashions or both.Many men and women select custom oakley flak jacket polarized sunglasses since they favor the fashionable frames and custom labels.
    ray ban rb3386
    [url=http://www.piamedia.net/js/logincheck.asp]ray ban rb3386[/url]

9. Jerkskin says:

There are definitely quite a lot of detials like that to take into consideration. That is a nice level to bring up. I offer the thoughts above as basic inspiration however clearly there are questions just like the one you carry up where a very powerful thing can be working in trustworthy good faith. I don?t know if best practices have emerged round issues like that, however I am positive that your job is clearly recognized as a fair game. Both boys and girls feel the impact of just a moment’s pleasure, for the rest of their lives.

10. Dani says:

Perfect piece of work you have done, this internet site is really cool
    with fantastic information.

11. Kathrin says:

I am delighted that I noticed this website, precisely the right information that I was searching
    for!

12. Web Hosting says:

Hi there to all, how is the whole thing, I think every onne is
    getting more from this site, and your views are pleasant designed
    for new visitors.

13. When I initially left a comment I appear to have clicked onn the -Notify me when new comments are
    added- checkibox and from now on every time a comment is afded Ireceive four emails wijth the
    same comment. Is there a way you are able to remove me from that service?
    Kudos!

14. This jumbo-sized shark is really hungry at present and will use a few
    caveman snacks.

15. 94Edythe says:

Hi blogger, i must say you have very interesting content here.
    Your page should go viral. You need initial traffic only.
    How to get it? Search for; Mertiso’s tips go viral